Our talented development team consists of passionate gamers, driven to make the most fun, engaging and rewarding games and experiences for our players. This team is growing, and we’re seeking an exceptional Graphic Designer to join us in creating and marketing a new Virtual Reality game. This is a short-term contract, with the potential to become a full-time role.
As part of the game development team, you will work closely with our artists, designers, software engineers, web developers, and Marketing team to create awesome production and promotional assets for our games. As part of our creative team, you’ll be working on a full array of tasks from key art, screenshots, landing pages, UI assets, logos, and more.
You’ll have some of the highest quality concepting and hands-on design skills around. A forward thinker with strong typography skills, deep understanding of colour theory, layout, and an extraordinary eye for composition, you will help drive the brand visual identity for multiple products.
Delivering big things in a small team, you’ll drive the hands-on production of assets for a variety of formats, delivering high-quality content within reasonable time frames, as well as helping to facilitate the successful implementation across multiple media platforms.
- Work with designers, artists, marketing, and production teams to determine and plan the scope of a visual project.
- Create assets that establish, embolden and glorify our brands.
- Develop graphics for product promotion, logos, websites, social media outlets, in-game branding, print, and internal projects.
- Select colours, images, text style, and layout for multiple applicable mediums.
- Present design and layout ideas to marketing for approval and execution.
- Review designs for errors or additions before approval, publishing, and/or print.
- Maintain a continued archive of images, logos, photos, and related items.
- Work closely with the games team throughout execution of an idea or initiative.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- An obvious talent for artistic design and a penchant for creativity
- Superb time-management skills that allow you to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent communication skills that will allow you to effectively confirm and express information to the marketing and games teams
- A working knowledge of page layouts, both print and web
- Strong interest in the video game and graphic design industries; marketing, trends, and innovations.
Additional Experience a Plus:
- Experience in video production, After Effects, motion graphics or 3D animation a plus.
- 1-2 years of video game industry experience a plus
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required (e.g. website, blog or online album)