Our talented development team consists of passionate gamers, driven to make the most fun, engaging and rewarding games and experiences for our players. This team is growing, and we’re seeking an exceptional game programmer to join us in creating a new Virtual Reality game. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do.
Our programmers enjoy all elements of development, leveraging their experience, passion, and alignment with the design team to drive the production of almost every aspect of our game development, from gameplay logic and physics to shaders, audio, UI, and beyond. One of the most unique and engaging aspects of our games is the range of technologies and interface devices used to deliver memorable gameplay experiences.
Motivated by the diversity of products, projects, and technologies they’re exposed to in their role, our programmers thrive in the collaborative environment that drives the integration of these game elements, delivering incredible, physical games and experiences. If you value working in a highly collaborative team that celebrates passion, creativity, innovation, and a strong desire to make big contributions to amazing games and experiences, we think this will be a great fit for you.
- Design and develop game software with a high standard of code quality, stability, maintainability, readability, and performance.
- Collaborate with a team of programmers, artists, and designers to build asset pipelines, workflow processes and per-project development tools that are stable, elegant and efficient.
- Collaborate with a team of programmers to advise the best software packages, hardware platforms, game engines and techniques for implementing games, features, and tools.
- Advise the development team with the scope and resources required for new product ideas, new game features and improvements to our existing game catalogue.
- Work with electrical engineers to integrate custom hardware interfaces into our games and implement tools for thoroughly testing hardware.
- Contribute to the design of new product ideas and features.
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on new game ideas to evaluate their fun, feasibility, and market fit.
- 5+ plus strong experience with C# and Unity3D games targeting PC platforms.
- Strong experience with common gameplay features such as physics, animation, user interfaces, state machines, shaders, networking, etc.
- Strong understanding of PC hardware performance, benchmarking, and optimization.
- Experience writing other software such as C++ DLLs, APIs, servers, windows services, console programs, Powershell/batch scripts, or websites.
- Experience working in teams with version control systems such as Git, Mercurial or Perforce.
- Experience with a variety of software development tools and practices such as unit testing, build automation, dependency injection, data-driven development, etc.
- Able to thrive in a diverse, collaborative team working productively and autonomously
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- A passion for games is critical as you’ll be collaborating with the games development team and contributing to LAI Games products.
Additional Experience a Plus:
- Experience in VR development
- Experience with online multiplayer and networking
Benefits and perks:
- Great career development
- Lots of variety in the games and technologies you’ll be a part of.
- Highly impactful role as part of a small team delivering big things.
- Work from home – we provide all the tools and equipment to work as part of a highly collaborative team, remotely.
- Being a part of the out-of-home entertainment industry, we like to have frequent team events and enjoy what the industry has to offer.
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly self-directed personal development days and game jams