LAI Games has a game portfolio comprised of video games, Virtual Reality experiences, mobile applications, ticket redemption games, and more. Our goal is to craft the most engaging, rewarding and innovative games and experiences in the out of home entertainment space, including arcades, barcades, bowling alleys and family entertainment centres. This commitment to innovation is demonstrated by the consistent launch of category-defining, award-winning titles such as Speed of Light, Snapshot, Let’s Bounce, HYPERshoot, and Virtual Rabbids: The Big Ride.
Our development team consists of passionate gamers, driven to make the most fun, engaging and rewarding games and experiences for our players. We collaborate, evaluate, and iterate on everything that goes into the game, with a strong focus on “easy to play, hard to master”, and great user experiences.
Our Front End Developers thrive off making intuitive and beautiful user experiences. They work with other developers, artists and designers to deliver new and innovative products to market, from initial prototype to a production ready product.
They are focused on the user experience, while still keeping in mind technical limitations and feasibility of features. They are masters at taking wireframes or designs, and turning them into fully functional, user friendly, efficient and delightful user interfaces.
- Design and develop software with a high standard of code quality, stability, maintainability, readability, and performance.
- Collaborate with a team of artists and designers to design and create efficient, responsive, beautiful user interfaces
- Collaborate with a team of programmers to advise the best software packages, hardware platforms, and techniques for implementing features, systems and tools.
- Advise the development team with the scope and resources required for new product ideas, new features and improvements to our existing game catalogue.
- Work with electrical engineers to integrate custom hardware interfaces and implement tools for thoroughly testing hardware.
Skills and experience:
- Strong front end development skills in CSS, HTML5, React, StyledComponents
- Experience using Typescript
- Experience designing Native Web Applications
- A good sense for UI and UX design
- Experience working in teams with version control systems such as Git or Perforce.
- Experience with a variety of software development tools and practices such as unit testing, etc.
- Able to thrive in a diverse, collaborative team working productively and autonomously
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- A passion for games is critical as you’ll be collaborating with the games development team and contributing to LAI Games products.
Additional Experience a Plus:
- Experience using the Google Firebase platform
- Experience in AR development
- Experience developing for Linux
Benefits and perks:
- Great career development
- Lots of variety in the games and technologies you’ll be a part of
- Highly impactful role as part of a small team delivering big things
- Work from home – we provide all the tools and equipment to work as part of a highly collaborative team, remotely
- Flexible working hours