As Director of Hardware Engineering at LAI Games, you help realize our arcade experience ecosystem by driving technical decision-making, development, and deployment of all our physical games and services.
Responsible for the planning and delivery of all mechanical and electrical engineering activities within the organization, you demonstrate exemplary leadership skills as you build, guide, and grow dynamic and passionate teams who love to engineer solutions to new problems, driven to create the world’s most innovative arcade games, consumer VR titles, and other games and services. Your team achieves its ambitions thanks to your technical experience, leadership, and ability to make informed decisions. You take pride and share a passion for the games and experiences your team develops together.
Your team’s work ranges across arcade games, consumer-facing games and applications, and platforms. Your engagement and deep comprehension of your teams and their functions allow you to harmonize and multiply the results of everyone’s contribution, driving a culture of collaboration where each person performs at their best.
Responsible for supporting your teams and improving their technical and interpersonal skills, you have their well-being at heart, and you actively participate in their development within the organization.
- Be a strategic leader, proactive in driving change within Hardware Engineering teams and across the company, shaping them with our company’s business objectives in mind
- Collaborate with the Head of Product and team leaders to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on technology and engineering capabilities
- Demonstrate exemplary positive leadership and act as spokesperson for the studio’s values, and lead the team through management and mentorship, via both technical and non-technical leadership
- Help establish and maintain the product engineering standards for the company, defining tools and practices leading by example
- Interpret product vision and business objectives into development processes, goals, and tasks, and provide clear direction to our Hardware Engineering teams
- Develop and implement standards that drive technical excellence, including technical resources, documentation, testing, training, analytics, service standards, and system design
- Drive productive, sustainable growth of our Hardware Engineering teams, with a focus on attracting and nurturing top talent, actively identifying, recruiting, and developing successful managers, ensuring domain knowledge is shared, and building redundancy in key roles
- Develop and own the hardware strategy and roadmap, ensuring we meet our business goals including product delivery, innovation, and technical excellence
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of at least 10 years in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 3+ years in a comparable leadership position
- Experience in building and leading technical and non-technical staff driving their success
- Technical expertise in product design, engineering, and manufacturing
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and a strong sense of tact in all interactions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills