Our development team consists of passionate gamers, driven to make the most fun, engaging and rewarding games and experiences for our players. We collaborate, evaluate, and iterate on everything that goes into the game, with a strong focus on “easy to play, hard to master”, and great user experiences.
Our Game Programmers enjoy all elements of development, leveraging their experience, passion, and alignment with the design team, to drive the production of almost every aspect of our game development, from gameplay logic and physics, to shaders, audio, UI and beyond. One of the most unique and engaging aspects of arcade games is the range of technologies and interface devices used to deliver memorable gameplay experiences. Motivated by the diversity of products, projects and technologies they’re exposed to in their role, our Game Programmers thrive in the collaborative environment that drives the integration of these game elements, delivering incredible, physical games and experiences that no PC, console or mobile can replicate at home.
- Design and develop software with a high standard of code quality, stability, maintainability, readability, and performance.
- Collaborate with a team of programmers, artists, and designers to build asset pipelines, workflow processes and per-project development tools that are stable, elegant and efficient.
- Collaborate with a team of programmers to advise the best software packages, hardware platforms, and techniques for implementing features, systems and tools.
- Advise the development team with the scope and resources required for new product ideas, new features and improvements to our existing game catalogue.
- Work with electrical engineers to integrate custom hardware interfaces and implement tools for thoroughly testing hardware.
- Contribute to the design of new product ideas and features.
Required skills and experience:
- Strong experience using Typescript and Firebase platform
- Experience using GoLang and gRPC framework
- Experience with DevOps (build pipelines, CI/CD, monitoring, etc)
- Experience working in teams with version control systems such as Git or Perforce.
- Experience with a variety of software development tools and practices such as unit testing, build automation, design patterns, data-driven development, etc.
- Able to thrive in a diverse, collaborative team working productively and autonomously
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- A passion for games is critical as you’ll be collaborating with the games development team and contributing to LAI Games products.
Nice to have skills ( not mandatory ):
- Experience using C#
- Experience developing Native Web Applications
- Experience developing for Linux