Leaders in out of home entertainment innovation
LAI Games is a global leader in creating accessible and social arcade experiences. Our goal is to craft the most innovative games and experiences for location-based entertainment venues such as arcades, bowling alleys and family entertainment centers. We push the boundary of what’s possible, combining technology and creativity to design and build category-defining, award-winning titles that have become modern arcade staples, such as Speed of Light, Let’s Bounce, HYPERshoot, HYPERpitch and Virtual Rabbids: The Big Ride.
Current open positions
LAI Games is an arcade experience company that connects people with games. Our vision is to reinvent the arcade industry by creating an arcade experience ecosystem that consists of physical arcade games, consumer and location-based VR games and experiences, and other exciting arcade-based titles. Our team members could contribute across a broad range of unique and innovative projects that connect, engage, and delight players across physical and virtual worlds.
Our development team consists of passionate gamers and tinkerers, driven to make the most fun, engaging and rewarding games and experiences for our players. We collaborate, evaluate, and iterate on everything that goes into the game, with a strong focus on “easy to play, hard to master”, for a great user experiences.
We often integrate state of the art technology in our systems to give our customers a unique experience.
The engineer we’re looking for to complete our team is a passionate tinkerer and maker. You should be experienced in PCB design, wiring, LED lighting, motor control, power distribution and in programming the firmware to get it all going.
You should be comfortable to explore new things and should be willing to go out of your comfort zone.
What You’re Responsible For
· Work closely with the development team to ensure electrical requirements are understood and catered for.
· Brainstorming and rapid prototyping of new game ideas to evaluate their fun, feasibility and market fit.
· Design, test and evaluate systems and modules for use in our products.
· Facilitate game cabinet fabrication for prototyping.
· Testing and verification of the complete product’s electronic system.
· Create and refine technical documentation, including part lists, BOMs and specifications.
· Liaise with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers to assist in solving problems.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics or Mechatronics, or equivalent by experience, knowledge and skills.
- Five 5 years of experience in system architecture and design, preferably in a business-to-business environment.
- 5 years of professional experience in C / C++ embedded systems programming.
- Proven ability to design, prototype, troubleshoot and assist mass production of PCB’s containing embedded controllers.
- Experience in creating and maintaining documentation for production and end-user support.
- Experience with Altium design tools is an advantage.
- Experience in wire harness design and production is an advantage.
- Familiarity with UL safety standards, EMC compliancy standards and test equipment is an advantage.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal as you’ll be collaborating with the games development team and contributing to LAI Games products
LAI Games is an arcade experience company that connects people with games. We’re building an arcade experience ecosystem that consists of physical arcade games, consumer and location-based VR games and experiences, and other exciting arcade-based titles that connect, engage, and delight players across physical and virtual worlds.
We’re launching our consumer VR title, Arcade Legend, on Quest and Steam later this year, and have many exciting arcade games, a location-based VR title, and an innovative new digital arcade concept, all in various stages of development.
A creative space with software, art, electronics, and mechanical devices all being developed side-by-side, our studio is a hive of activity that rewards curiosity and appeals to the inventive. We have some new positions opening over the coming months, and we’re looking for amazing people to join our Singapore team. Here are some of the upcoming positions:
- Electrical Engineer
- Senior Game Designer
- Senior Game Producer
- Mobile Developer (Android)
- Mobile Developer (iOS)
- Game Programmer
- Senior Producer
- Project Manager
Can’t find a position that matches your skills and experience? Fret not!
Please submit your resume and indicate the position you’re interested in, and we’ll get back to you shortly.
Besides working with an awesome team, in an arcade, and making games, we also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- Annual personal technology fund of $1,000 to buy games, toys, and tech
- Annual Timezone Powercard so you can enjoy all the latest arcade games
- Training and education programs
- Private medical, dental, and life insurance coverage
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly self-directed personal development days
- Finish work early every Friday afternoon for social drinks and games
- Work in a dynamic, creative arcade/workspace
- Team events – being a part of the out-of-home entertainment industry, we like to have frequent team events and enjoy what the industry has to offer
LAI Games is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth.