LAI Games is an arcade experience company that connects people with games. We’re building an arcade experience ecosystem that consists of physical arcade games, consumer and location-based VR games and experiences, and other exciting arcade-based titles that connect, engage, and delight players across physical and virtual worlds.
The Shop Technician will be responsible for the assembly, maintenance, disassembly, packaging, updates, and repairs of arcade games, both in house and at local test locations. This role will interact with both the Product Specialist and the Technical Support Lead to help with the various operational initiatives of the department. The Shop Technician may be required to travel with the Product Specialist to setup and dismantle 2-3 trade show booths per year.
- Completing operational duties set forth by the Product Operations Manager, Product Specialist, and Technical Support Lead.
- Refurbishment of arcade machines. This includes but is not limited to:
- Determining necessary replacement parts
- Troubleshooting and repair
- Detail cleaning
- Packaging and palletizing for shipment
- Updating and Quality Checking arcade machines.
- Maintaining a neat, clean, and organized working area in the warehouse.
- Maintaining, cleaning, and servicing test fixtures.
- Assisting the Product Specialist with various department functions. This includes but is not limited to:
- Test unit installation, check-ups, and removal at local arcade locations
- Trade show machine prep work: Palletizing for safe shipment, installing hardware, etc.
- Organizing and managing inventories of trade show tools and materials
- Trade show equipment preparation, setup, and breakdown on show site
- Assisting the Technical Support Lead with various department functions. This includes but is not limited to:
- Organizing and managing inventories of tools and materials
- Installing hardware on machines for customer orders
- PCB and PC testing and repair
Required Skills & Experience: Skills and Experience
- Passion for arcade games and the ability to understand their technical components.
- Ability to function effectively when under pressure and maintain self-control.
- Ability to gather data and communicate effectively.
- Ability to travel to offsite locations- both local and regional.
- Ability to solve technical problems and learn new concepts.
- At least 3 years industry experience with electrical and mechanical applications of arcade machines.
- Self-starter who enjoys a dynamic environment and can work under minimal supervision.
Internal / External Relationships
- High school diploma/general education degree (GED)
- Must have the ability to travel for up to a week for trade shows up to 3 times per year. (March, June, November)
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Must have flexibility to work outside of normal business hours and on weekends on occasion
- Must be willing to use personal vehicle to travel to local testing locations (mileage is paid by LAI GAMES)
- Must be able to drive a box truck for local deliveries
- Must be able to learn to operate a forklift
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
What we offer:
- PPO Medical coverage with four plan options to choose from based on individual needs.
- PPO Dental & Vision (company paid for employees only).
- Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability (company paid).
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital Confinement.
- 401(k) with generous company match (100% of the 1st 3% employee contribution and 50% on the next 2% of employee contribution).
- Paid time off to include vacation, sick, holidays, and birthday.
- Robust Learning Management System for employee growth and development.
- Day shift.
- Monday to Friday.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- The Colony, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required).
LAI Games is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The statements are not intended to be a complex of exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties or skills that may be required or of benefit in this position. All employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.