Introduced at IAAPA 2011, IAAPA 2021 marks the 10th anniversary of multi award-winning Speed of Light.
A Decade of Excellence
Speed of Light, the classic physical test of speed and accuracy, was unveiled a decade ago at IAAPA 2011. LAI Games sponsored a competition challenging players to beat a posted score in order to win an Amazon gift card. Crowds of watchers cheered on dozens of players who attempted to win, but only two successfully beat the posted score, including fellow exhibitor and high-wire daredevil Nik Wallenda.
Fast forward 10 years, and Speed of Light continues to draw a crowd on a consistent basis as well as proves to have great replay value as players try to top their high scores time after time. After a decade since release, Speed of Light remains a staple at Dave and Busters and other top FEC locations, proving that unique, innovative games that friends can enjoy together will remain profitable for many years.
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
- Speed of Light, a new redemption offering from LAI Games, is the winner of the “Best of Show Award: Silver Medal” in the Redemption Arcade Game category for the 2011 IAAPA Expo. The award, created by BMI Gaming and The Stinger Report, recognizes and celebrates creativity and innovation, market relevance, and uniqueness in new arcade games.
- The Stinger Report described Speed of Light as “a physically compelling game with an appealing one and two-player styling and unique concept application,” and “…highly physical and highly addictive.”
- Rated the #1 game in the U.S. by RePlay Magazine Players’ Choice Poll in 2012, the popularity of Speed of Light has grown considerably since then, generating thousands and thousands of player-posted Youtube videos marking their high scores and challenging their friends. In addition to being a hit with operators, Speed of Light has developed a huge following across many social channels. Celebrities like Justin Bieber and soccer super star Neymar Jr. recently went head-to-head playing Speed of Light, their challenge was posted to Instagram lighting it up with millions of views in just days.
- LAI’s Speed of Light was named the #1 gaming experience in October 2012 at DisneyQuest in Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL. Officials for the 5-story, “virtual indoor theme park” were asked to rank the top 10 most popular games for guests.
- LAI’s Speed of Light redemption game was selected as the latest Reliant Energy Player Challenge, a program that benefits the greater Houston area Boys and Girls Clubs. Connor Barwin and Shaun Cody of the Houston Texans NFL team competed in a Speed of Light doubles match at a local Dave & Buster’s location. The result? Cody won with a score of 519, compared to Barwin’s 391. $1000 was donated in Cody’s name to the Boys and Girls Clubs.
ABOUT SPEED OF LIGHT
Speed of Light is a perennial crowd-pleaser with a large player following and remains a top pick for any entertainment venue.
Speed of Light tests players’ reflexes and reaction time with an attention-grabbing light matrix. Players are challenged to press lit buttons as quickly as possible to earn points. Upbeat music and lighting effects create a fast and frenetic atmosphere, and the 8ft high open lattice and backlit platform make this a great centerpiece for any location. Operators can choose from various scoring and bonus options. Speed of Light #1 Rated FEC Game – laigames.com